Click to View More Course Details
To view available course dates & to book your course online
Discounts apply for group bookings of six or more people.
Course units include:
- HLTAID006 Provide Advanced First Aid
- HLTAID007 Provide Advanced Resuscitation (CPR)
- HLTAID008 Manage First Aid Services and Resources
Course content includes -
- Advanced Resuscitation (CPR)
- Advanced defibrillator (AED) use
- Shock Management
- Advanced Airway Management - insertion of an Oropharyngeal Airway (OP) and suctioning
- Use of Oxygen and a Bag-Valve Mask during resuscitation
- Asthma - use of Ventolin
- Severe Allergic Reaction - use of an Epipen
- Cardiac conditions
- Seizures and Convulsions
- Bleeding and Wound Care
- Burns and Scalds
- Emergency childbirth
- Extremes of Heat and Cold
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Poisons and Toxic Substances
- Bites and Stings
- Abdominal injuries
- Eye and ear injuries
- Needle stick injuries
- Substance misuse
- Course requirements: must be able to perform CPR on the ground.
- Course cost: $599 + GST
- Course duration: 16 hours (two days). The course has a pre-learning online workbook that will be emailed on course enrolment.
- Updates: This course is required to be updated every three years.
This HLTSS00027 Occupational/Workplace First Aid course runs on-demand. Discounts apply for group bookings of six or more people. Contact or 0400 019 158 for more information and to book your course.