Mr Paramedic Sports Trainer
Mr Paramedic now conducts AFL-focused Sports Trainer courses. These courses are endorsed by the AFL, and are designed for people working at a community AFL club as a sports trainer.
The Mr Paramedic Sports Trainer course runs for one full day, making it achievable for volunteers to participate and obtain their AFL accreditation as a Sports Trainer.
Course topics include, but are not limited to -
- Resuscitation – adult and child in an on-field scenario
- Roles of a Sports Trainer and Emergency Response Coordinator (ERC)
- How to prevent sports injuries
- Anatomy basics
- Manage common medical conditions in a sport setting
– Asthma, Anaphylaxis, Hypoglycaemia and Seizures
- Provide immediate management and assessment of on-field injuries
- Emergency management procedures
- Spinal management, concussion tests and management
- Common sporting injuries
- Basic taping skills - ankle, thumb and fingers
This course is the minimum requirement to be an AFL Sports Trainer, and covers all the Emergency Response Coordinator (ERC) course topics.
- Valid: 3 years
- Course duration: 9 hours
- Pre-requisite: Provide First Aid (HLTAID003)
- Cost: $285 + GST
For more information, please contact email@example.com or phone 0400 019 158.
This course runs on-demand
please contact us today to book your course firstname.lastname@example.org